Liver transplant is a frightening and overwhelming experience for patients. Thoroughly understanding the process is one of the keys to a successful transplant and recovery. This pre-transplant guide will walk you patients through what to expect during this challenging time. Having both pre and post-transplant educational materials will help your both your Transplant Team and your patients.
- General Information
- Your Transplant Team
- Understanding the Liver
- What Happens When the Liver Is Not Healthy?
- Diseases and Conditions That Affect the Liver
- Pre-Liver Transplant Evaluation
- Benefits and Risks of Liver Transplantation
- What Will Happen When I am Accepted into the Liver Transplant Program?
- What Is the Surgical Procedure?
- How Will I Be Prepared for Discharge?
- Questions to Ask Your Physician and Medical Center
- Where Can I Get More Information About Transplants?
- Commitment of You & Your Family
- Waiting for Your Transplant
- The National Waiting List
- The Waiting Period
- Staying Healthy While on the List
- The Organ Matching Process
- Organ Sharing (MELD)
- Factors That Affect Waiting Times
- Who Gets the Liver?
- Complications That May Occur Waiting for Transplant
- Getting the Call When an Organ Becomes Available
- Financial Information
- Financial Questions and Information
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Q & A for Transplant Candidates (UNOS information)
- UNOS Facts and Figures
- Liver Allocation
- Questions About MELD and PELD
- Multiple Listing and Waiting Time Transfer
- UNOS Patient Services Information
- Details: 8.875 x 11.375, 92 pages
(page count may change depending on your content), full color, spiral bound, back pocket, business card sleeve, custom cover with your hospital logo, custom content and your logo on each page (Available in English and Spanish)
- Minimum order: 100 books
Call 800-408-3464, or email email@example.com for additional details and pricing.