Recovery begins before surgery. Heart surgery of any kind is a frightening and often overwhelming experience for both patients and their families. It is usually difficult for patients to remember everything they need to do before arriving at the hospital. This handbook is designed to help patients and their family better understand the process and be more prepared for heart surgery. A prepared patient is a better patient.
- The Basics (an overview of your preparation)
- General Planning for Heart Surgery
- The Day/Evening Before Heart Surgery
- What to Bring to the Hospital
- The Day of Your Heart Surgery
- Moving to the Operating Room
- What Happens During Heart Surgery
- Moving to Intensive Care
- Time in the Hospital After ICU
- Leaving the Hospital After Heart Surgery
- Your Medication List
(Chapters also include helpful checklists to make things as easy as possible.)
- Details: 8.5 x 11.5, 27 pages full color, spiral bound, custom cover with your hospital logo, custom content and your logo on each page (Available in English and Spanish)
- Minimum order: 100 books
Call 800-408-3464, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details and pricing.