Lung transplant is a frightening and overwhelming experience for patients. Thoroughly understanding the process is one of the keys to a successful transplant and recovery. This pre-transplant guide will walk you patients through what to expect during this challenging time. Having both pre and post-transplant educational materials will help your both your Transplant Team and your patients.
- General Information
- Why Are Lung Transplants Needed?
- Diseases and Conditions That Affect the Lungs
- What Kind of Transplants Can Be Considered?
- Can You Be Considered for Lung Transplantation?
- How Will Your Transplant Candidacy Be Evaluated?
- Benefits and Risks of Lung Transplantation
- What Will Happen When You Are Accepted Into a Lung Transplant Program?
- How Will You Get Your Donor Lung?
- And more…
- Waiting for Your Transplant
- The National Waiting List
- The Waiting Period
- The Organ Matching Process
- Organ Sharing
- Factors That Affect Waiting Times
- Acceptance to the Program
- And more…
- Pre and Post-Transplant Tests
- Financial Information
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Healthy Eating for Lung Transplantation
- Q & A for Transplant Candidates (UNOS information)
- UNOS Facts and Figures
- Lung Allocation
- Multiple Listing and Waiting Time Transfer
- UNOS Patient Services Information
- Details: 8.875 x 11.375, 82 pages
(page count may change depending on your content), full color, spiral bound, back pocket, business card sleeve, custom cover with your hospital logo, custom content and your logo on each page (Available in English and Spanish)
- Minimum order: 50 books
Call 800-408-3464, or email email@example.com for additional details and pricing.