With over 120,000 patients in the United States waiting for a kidney transplant, it’s important to potential recipients to understand everything about the process and organ donation. Thoroughly understanding the process is one of the keys to a successful transplant and recovery. This pre-transplant guide will walk you patients through what to expect during this challenging time. Having both pre and post-transplant educational materials will help your both your Transplant Team and your patients.
- General Information
- Understanding Your Kidneys
- My Transplant Team
- Pre-Kidney Transplant Evaluation
- Benefits and Risks of Kidney Transplantation
- Types of Kidney Transplant
- How Will I Get My Donor Kidney?
- What Will Happen When I am Accepted into a Kidney Transplant Program?
- What is the Surgical Procedure?
- What Happens After Discharge?
- Commitment of You and Your Family
- Questions to Ask Your Physician and Medical Center
- Waiting for Your Transplant
- The National Waiting List
- The Waiting Period
- The Organ Matching Process
- Organ Sharing
- Factors That Affect Waiting Times
- Acceptance to the Program
- Getting the Call When an Organ Becomes Available
- Financial Information
- Financial Questions and Information
- Insurance/Medicare and Medicaid
- What Makes You Entitled/When You Become Entitled/How Long Are You Entitled?
- Kidney Transplant Services Covered by Medicare
- Q&A for Transplant Candidates
- UNOS Facts and Figures
- Kidney Allocation
- Multiple Listing and Waiting Time Transfer
- Living Donation
- Healthy Eating for Kidney Transplantation
- Details: 8.875 x 11.375, 99 pages
(page count may change depending on your content), full color, spiral bound, back pocket, business card sleeve, custom cover with your hospital logo, custom content and your logo on each page (Available in English and Spanish)
- Minimum order: 100 books
Call 800-408-3464, or email email@example.com for additional details and pricing.