Recovering from Heart Surgery DVD
Patients retain information more effectively when they can visualize the process. The RecoverRite® DVD is an instructional video that will take you step-by-step through recovering from heart bypass surgery, heart valve surgery or any other major heart procedure.
- English and Spanish version included
- Monitoring your progress (and how to take your own blood pressure)
- How to correctly get out of a bed (or a chair)
- Bathing after heart surgery
- Incision care and how to look for signs of infection
- How to correctly do your deep breathing exercises with the incentivespirometer you were given in the hospital.
- Discussion on beginning activity (climbing stairs, walking and resting)
- Emotions and depression
- Intimacy after heart surgery
- Guidelines about lifting, pushing, pulling and other movements that could stress your chest
- Easy exercise tips and simple exercises to perform at home
- Driving and returning to work
- Diet adjustments after heart surgery
- Understanding your medication and managing pain
- Restrictions and reminders
- Problems to watch for and when to call the doctor
Customized notebooks, organizers and video are available for your hospital or practice.
Please call 800-408-3464 or email email@example.com
for more information or a quote.